An Open Letter to The Man Who Never Left

To The Man Who Never Left

When I walked out of the friendship we had for several times, you stayed. You thought I wasn't coming back. You didn't face your back towards me, but you didn't chase me either. You were always neutral. That part, I envy you. You were always calm and no-nonsense. 

When I was weak you stayed strong by my side. You thought I was tough. You encouraged me to unleash every negative emotion I had, though you didn't know what I was really sad or angry about. I never confided my weaknesses to you because I feared that you'd shut me down. You see, for all those times you helped me to be strong, I was frightened. I was afraid to show you I was weak because showing how fragile I was wasn't my style.

Well, I don't want the people to know I am delicate. I am strong. That is how I should be seen, but God knows how oftentimes I cry myself to sleep. I can't lie to myself about that. I ain't tough, I just appear to be. 

When I was hard to understand, you didn't complain. You thought I was organized. You urged me to focus on my future plans, though you didn't know what future I see for myself. I never confided my ambitions to you because I didn't even know it myself. I was as fickle minded as any young girl can be.

When we started to be friends years back, you must have known me as someone who's had solid plans for the future because that was how I was in the past. However, everything changed so suddenly, I didn't even saw it coming. Everything was pounded inside my head all at once, I thought I was going crazy.

It wasn't too long ago when I used to cry to you for comfort when I had my heart broken. You have had saved the heart that didn't even beat for you. You were my refuge when I had no one to run to, but myself and my broken heart. Even for the many times I left, your doors never closed for me. You were the most caring friend. You were the truest friend there was. You never judged me nor made me feel embarrassed of myself.

For all the messy things I had with me, you even said I was like programming. I was very difficult to understand, but you didn't get tired trying to decode me. You told me having figured out what I really was brought you one of the best feelings. You were happy, but yours could never compare the happiness you brought to me. 

It sounds so cliche, but I want you to never forget how grateful I am to have someone like you in my life.

You were always there. You were there until such time that I realized you weren't just a friend for me. You were there when I learned it was you that I ever wanted. 

You found me. You found me at the best possible time you should. You came to me at the best timing there was. Indeed it's true that the best things come at God's perfect time.

So let me thank you for being there when I found it hard to stand. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for staying. Above all, thank you for loving me.





Previous
Next Post »